Many of you have seen what’s in your purse posts on the style blogs. Well, I have something to admit. I have no purse.
And no style.
After this embarrassing spectacle, I hope you feel better because at least you aren’t the woman with no purse. That’s when you know you have really let things go.
I have a baby bag, that in actuality is a Sherpani messenger bag my husband bought at REI. But in reality, looks exactly like a baby bag.
This is key: if I were to be stranded on a deserted island with only this baby bag, how long could I survive?
At this moment, I have no idea what's in there. We’ll be experiencing this together, in real time. Just imagine we’ve just washed up on shore . . .
- 3 books: Healing and Preventing Autism by a celebrity who doesn’t know what she’s talking about. Holidays on Ice and Barrel Fever by David Sedaris. And ironically, Give It Up!: My Year of Learning to Live Better with Less by Mary Carlomango. I can recommend none of these books. I have not, as of yet, healed my Autistic tendencies, the holidays are long gone, and my baby bag purse is full of junk.
- 1 needs-to-be-deposited check and 1 $.50 coin roll
- Today’s mail: 1 BB&B coupon, 20 Costco coupons, 1 Costco magazine (which I read cover to cover - who doesn’t!)
- 1 medical bill
- 1 1989 leather, original Franklin Day planner, used still on a daily basis as both a planner and a wallet - wow
- 1 checkbook
- 1 mechanical pencil - for the archaic day planner
- 1 husband’s certificate of attendance for a class he took last year (this cannot be explained)
- 1 pack of gum. Good sign? Bad sign?
- 1 lip gloss
- 1 baby brush
- 1 empty snack trap - for hauling fresh water and storing coconut juice
- 4 whole honey-wheat pretzels, 9 honey-wheat pretzel parts
- 5 bites of Almond Rice Pops with Blueberries
- 23 dried cherries
- 11 dried apples
- 1 Nalgene bottle full of water - a good sign
- 4 diapers
- 43 wipes
- 2 3oz dollar store brand bottles of hand sanitizer, never been opened
- 1 iPod Shuffle with 1 set of earphones – for catching and strangling bats or other small rodents
What do you think?
I knew it.
I’d die, wouldn’t I?